Monday 1 September 2014

A Poem

09/01/2014

It was as if I was touching the clouds
That the smoke danced me into the sky
our breaths molding to the smog
is that what it's like, say you, to be high?
With the heavy bass trampling our hearts
as though that was what kept us alive
it was constantly a blur
but I swear to you,  I never felt deprived.
Through every seeding moment
it felt like eternity
but as time ran from us
it was merely internally.
You spoke, you spoke with confidence
about how I should write a song
but your harmonising creativity
would make all my work seem wrong.
But that was never negative
Oh, no it made me smile
because of how you spoke so solely
it made eternity last a while.
This isn't a song, but I would add guitar
just to say I did it,
and just to prove you right
even if it sounds like shit
I would never take it back
Those moments are precious to me
we were never that trapped before,
but I had never felt so free.
This isn't a song
but I hope a poem will do
because you've done so much more for me
I hope I can do so much for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment