Tuesday 21 April 2015

Unearthly World that is

I want to dip my hands in a river of stars
and pull them up through my fingers.
Watch as the black liquid drips with tiny suns
while the millions of supernovas linger.
I want to soar in a sky of sea creatures
and dance and twirl with the orca whales.
Breathe in the ocean whilst gripping my reality
but my mind being pulled like wind sails. .
I want to climb down into the depths of a cavern of light
and be consumed by the glittering crystals.
To feel my chest float with awe; ecstasy bound
as my heart becomes torn from a pistol.
I want to sing in the mountains while losing my breath
to feel the chilled air envelope my lungs.
And as I shut my eyes, I would feel the gentle kiss
from the snowflakes that perish so young.
I want to see through the rain to feel its pain
only to have it become my own.
I want to lift up the world, give it a twirl
to shake away the sadness, creating a home.
But more than that, I want to see the Earth smile
beaming like its Savior the sun.
To sense the ease it would bring, opening the sky
making this land feel like one.
But I can't do that.
And I know that.
It is most outrageous to think.
But it's not bad to hope.
And it's not bad to wish.
For this idea,
concept,
foundation;
it's a small step.
So small.
But so real.

No comments:

Post a Comment